No turning back…

This afternoon I left my home in Washington, DC to depart on a trip of a lifetime and all I can think as I board a train to New York City is ‘What the hell did I get myself into? I must be crazy or something to think that I can handle a place like Russia on my own!’  I am overwhelmed with a crazy mix of emotion that is akin to the feeling I got moving to New Mexico on a whim ten short years ago after living my whole life in Central Florida.  All I can say to that is look what wonderful things happened to me when I decided to take a plunge and go someplace I’ve never been before.  Despite all the fear and doubt that tells me I can’t do it and questions every motive behind embarking on this adventure, all I can do is tell myself ‘this is one of those adventures that I will never forget’ and that has me pushing forward to face the challenges that lie ahead of me. So, here’s to adventure, conquering fear and owning the moment to make the most out of this one chance at life! I hope you enjoy journey as much I do and I’ll see you soon from the other side of the world!

Walking into Union Station to board the train to New York City Documenting the interior of Union Station so as to compare it against the grandeur of Russia’s amazing metro terminals.

Published on

About Andrew Szunyog

I am the Assistant Coach for the GW Men's Golf Team and a 2nd year MBA Candidate with concentrations in Sports Management. I am originally from Central Florida and prior to moving to D.C., I lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

2 thoughts on “No turning back…

1. Paul

I have nothing but confidence that you will negotiate every challenge with nothing but success! And thanks for sharing your adventure’

Reply